Change of Direction...

A friend posted something on her FB the other day. She said that she hated it when people changed directions with their blog and it led to nothing but boredom. You know who you are :)

I don't know if it was my blog. I don't know who's it was. But I do know that my blog has done a 180 from where it was a year ago or even a couple months ago. I wrote a couple weeks ago about how it was going to change. I was going to post more real and a lot less of the fluff. Maybe to some it is boring? But it is a true representation of me. Who I am. I do however believe because I use my blog to vent, post random thoughts, and probably too much information at some times, it has become more a personal journal then anything. Perhaps it makes me sound like a far more depressed person then I am but I don't post for anyone but me. And if I help someone in the process, have someone relate to me, or make them laugh that is just a bonus.

I was asked yesterday if I found it weird that strangers could read about my personal experiences, struggles and just day to day thoughts. I guess I had never really thought about it that way. I am a very open person. A very honest person. I guess in a way my blog forces me to be honest with myself.

"Be honest with yourself, Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish."
-- John Jakes

4 comments:

  1. To be honest, my old blog barely had anyone who responded or was interested because most of what I wrote about was calculated and guarded.

    Since I started this new blog and am open and honest, my readership and comment participation has been way up and I frequently receive encouragement.

    I really like your blog and think you are going in a great direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I know who I am :)

    But I wasn't talking about your blog. But my comment sure made a lot of people think that I was...funny thing is, the people's whose blogs I enjoy reading the most were all the people that posted on my status update thinking it was theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the blogs that are fake and fluffy are the boring ones. They all start sounding the same because they aren't real. I love honest and real life so much better. Honesty means sometimes there will be happiness, sometimes depression, sometimes confusion, sometimes love, sometimes hate....so much more interesting! I've been asked the same thing about 'people being aloud to read my person life' and my answer is the same...it doesn't bother me because it's real. If someone doesn't like it or is going to judge me on it than I don't need them anyway. I'd rather have someone not like me for who I am than like me for who I'm not. I also like the idea that I may help someone is someway. It makes it easier for me to write and be honest when I think my writing might touch someone that reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you post your true thoughts. I wish I could get mine down on paper the way that you do. You truly have a gift for that!

    ReplyDelete