Retirement...

My boss had his retirement party today...it was a crazy day. I ran around non-stop until the lunch at 11:00. We had originally planned on having about 75 attendees at the most...well we ended up with over 100 (we took up half the restaurant). Needless to say the poor servers at Olive Garden were running around like mad...but they did a FANTASTIC job! They were simply amazing! I thought I would end up crying at this lunch trying to say goodbye, but I didn't. To be honest I don't think it has really hit me yet....but I am sure when it does I'll be sad. 4 and a half years ago Stu hired me. He was really taking a chance on a young girl. I was barley 21 and had little to no experience. I was scared out of my mind. But I like to think that I have grown a lot over those years...and have grown to LOVE my job and all the "guys" I get to hang out with all day. Stu was an amazing boss to me. He was always the first to tell me good job and I swear he had more faith in me a lot of times then I had in myself. I will miss him.
Some of the "guys"...
Me and the Boss

Some more of the "guys"...

The boss and his old admin Jo...she worked for him for years they are still very close.

The new boss...with the old boss

Some of the "stuff"

More of the "stuff"

The picture that our art department drew for him -- simply amazing! With signatures and well wishes...

Me and Charlie Best...one of the old engineers. He is retired, but I love this man! He is the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment