Today...

Today I feel powerful. I learned something about myself. I have strength I never knew I had. I have courage beyond measure.

It was 2 months ago I had a complete breakdown. The kind where you don't get out of bed. Where brushing my teeth sent me into an anxiety attack. I hate to think that I was that "weak". That I could let my emotions consume me to the point that I was just trying to survive.

It was 2 months ago today that I saw him for the last time. I couldn't stand because I was crying so hard as he walked out my door. I was willing to give everything and make myself completely miserable to make him just a little happy.

It was 6 days ago today that I realized...I don't need him or want him anymore.

It was 2 days ago I realized I have the courage to let go of people that can't give me what I need or want.

It was 9 hours ago that I realized that heartbreak hurts...but I would rather have my heart broken a million times and realize that I can still feel then to live the rest of my life numb and never have those moments of happiness...

It isn't until you let go of the past that you can truly move forward....

2 comments:

  1. Your courage is inspiring! The past holds life lessons learned through experience. The future holds hope and a promise that allows us to put those lessons to use! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!! I love how you put your thoughts to words!

    ReplyDelete