faking it...


this last weekend i had an amazing time
there are few times i really let go
living in the moment
letting my emotions be free

few people can truly bring this out in me
my best friend
my wife
a few lovers
my puppies
baby

most times i will only be free when i trust
but once and awhile it's risk
but one i am willing to take
it is usually not worth it
but i have learned to recover quickly...

i took a risk
i had fun
a lot of it

my heart is fine
i think it is numb
and some part of me likes that
i don't want to hurt....again

 i think it would be easier to fake it
all of it
happiness
love
passion
emotion

don't get me wrong...
i am happy...alone
with me
my life
my wife
my friends
the simple life

i do what i want
when i want
with who i want

but something is missing...
my fairytale....
my once upon a time....

and i don't think it exists
but i will still wait
holding on to hope

because without hope
faith
we have nothing...

 and hopefully there will come a time 
when i won't be let down
brushed aside
 they will hold on with all they have

because i am not worth losing
they will chose to stay
and we won't be faking it... 

"and they loved with a love that was more than love" -- Edger Allen Poe


No comments:

Post a Comment