The idea of me...

I feel like people fall in love with the idea of me.

I come across as a really sweet, innocent, hard working, independent person. Which in many respects I am. But there is also another side of me. The relationship side. And I'm not sure if it is a good thing, or a bad thing that I am different in a relationship.

I feel like they have me built up in their head of what I am, how our relationship would be, and that is what they fall in love with. But the reality of me is different. Who I am is so much more than what they want or are willing to see.

I am emotional, high maintenance, dramatic, demanding, irrational.

I get afraid of getting close to them. I don't want to ruin this version of me that they love. The perfect me.

They say love is blind. I say love is naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment