And Then...

Sometimes I am stronger then I think.

But most of the time I'm not.

I am a pushover.

I am really excellent at compromise.

But compromise usually me being the only one giving.

Today one of my sweet engineers that works out of King of Prussia, PA came by my desk to say hi.. He gave me some really good advice. He said:

"I have been on this earth a long time, 72 years. And I have learned a lot about people and love. It isn't easy living with someone. The trick is compromise. We are selfish, and take things for granted. And when we take people for granted the relationship ends"

I need to learn to stand up for myself. And not be such a pushover...then I wouldn't get myself into relationships that aren't good for me. Or maybe I wouldn't allow the relationship to turn into something that isn't good for me.

1 comment: